Your Best Man and Maid of Honor are two very important people at your wedding – and are probably more than honored to stand by you and your spouse on your big day.
Remember, they are there to help. Through the planning to the day of duties – here are some of the things it would be helpful for both of them to know:
Maid of Honor Duties:
- Manage other bridesmaids responsibilities: final fittings, picking up dresses, orchestrating bridal shower and bachelorette party, etc…
- Intercept all questions, phone calls, etc… the bride should not have to worry about anything!
- Help the bride get dressed – there are a lot of layers! Helping with undergarments, zippers, shoes, etc… is a big help – and good photo opportunities!
- Be the brides witness during the signing of the marriage license.
- Make sure bride’s gown is straightened once she gets to the altar – this is important for her ceremony photos.
- Hold her bouquet during the ceremony – but don’t let her forget it when she walks out after I Do!
- Make sure everything in the dressing room has been packed and moved to the appropriate location. This is something the MOH should organize with the planner.
Best Man’s Duties:
- Coordinating with groomsmen to guarantee they have had their final fittings and have picked up their tux on time.
- Bachelor Party!
- Organize rehearsal dinner speeches (for themselves, the parents, or whoever else might want to do a quick toast!)
- Work alongside the planner to make sure the groom and groomsmen are ready on time.
- Be the room’s witness during the signing of the marriage license.
- Write down your wedding toast!