Your Best Man and Maid of Honor duties are very important at your wedding – and are essential to you and your spouse on your big day.
Remember, they are there to help. Through the planning to the day of duties – here are some of the things it would be helpful for both of them to know:
Maid of Honor Duties:
- Manage other bridesmaids responsibilities: final fittings, picking up dresses, orchestrating bridal shower and bachelorette party, etc…
- Intercept all questions, phone calls, etc… the bride should not have to worry about anything!
- Help the bride get dressed – there are a lot of layers! Helping with undergarments, zippers, shoes, etc… is a big help – and good photo opportunities!
- Be the brides witness during the signing of the marriage license.
- Make sure bride’s gown is straightened once she gets to the altar – this is important for her ceremony photos.
- Hold her bouquet during the ceremony – but don’t let her forget it when she walks out after I Do!
- Make sure everything in the dressing room has been packed and moved to the appropriate location. This is something the MOH should organize with the planner.
Best Man’s Duties:
- Coordinating with groomsmen to guarantee they have had their final fittings and have picked up their tux on time.
- Bachelor Party!
- Organize rehearsal dinner speeches (for themselves, the parents, or whoever else might want to do a quick toast!)
- Work alongside the planner to make sure the groom and groomsmen are ready on time.
- Be the room’s witness during the signing of the marriage license.
- Write down your wedding toast!